With the rise of cloud computing, small and medium-sized businesses have the technology to support their innovation and growth. Acumatica calls today’s environment, “the innovation stage,” as its explosive growth has brought smaller enterprises a ton of value creation with affordable costs. Here are our top 5 reasons why the future for ERP implementations is cloud computing – and it’s the perfect fit for you!
- The business environment has evolved. In today’s economy, businesses have changed how they operate in order to thrive. Those changes include the customer experience (interactions, managing expectations, new communication strategies, online engagement and more), the speed at delivering products and services and the importance of managing an online brand. An ERP in the cloud helps support all of these new challenges.
- Cloud computing is cost-effective, fast and flexible. A decade ago, businesses installed ERP solutions onsite. Doing so required capital expenses as well as overhead costs for utilities. Within the last few years, the shift has been dramatic and rapid: businesses prefer cloud ERP solutions.
- You can support today’s mobile workforce. According to Pew Research Center, Millennials make up the largest generation in the workforce (35%). This smartphone generation wants to be connected wherever they are. Legacy ERP systems weren’t made for the mobile workforce. Upgrading to the cloud provides access from anywhere, giving you the ability to attract great talent with apps designed to run on mobile devices.
- Flexibility to support your growth. With a great cloud vendor partner, they support your growth through maintenance and upgrades that don’t require your staff time. You won’t have to fret about future implementations and moving to a different product when you expand your business. Cloud ERP systems grow and adapt with you, thanks to the cloud vendor relationship.
- Your data is backed up and secure. Every business needs a disaster recovery plan, but the cost of putting it together may be hard to swallow for small to mid-sized businesses. With cloud computing, this is managed by the vendor so you won’t have to worry about data backups. You’ll also have top-notch security through the cloud. Rest easy knowing your business won’t become a victim of data breaches in an on-premise solution.
Are you ready to provide your employees with data access wherever they are? It’s time to improve visibility, collaboration and efficiency for your workforce. Acumatica even found that small or mid-sized businesses are “41% more likely to have real-time visibility into statuses and 47% more likely to have automated notifications empowering business leaders to react immediately” with a cloud ERP solution. We are an Acumatica Gold Partner, as well as a Microsoft Gold Partner. We’d love to team up our expertise with your industry gurus and roll out the cloud solution your business needs!