Part 1 of this blog series included 6 strategic trends as recommended by Gartner for digital business, which included data fabric, cybersecurity mesh, privacy-enhancing computation, cloud-native platforms, composable applications, and decision intelligence. Thank you for coming back for Part 2 to continue the discussion. Here we include Gartner’s final six strategies for this year:
- Hyperautomation: This strategy is a disciplined approach to identifying, vetting, and automating as many business processes and IT processes as possible. It functions through the collaboration of multiple technologies, tools, and platforms in attempt to promote scalability and efficient remote operation.
- AI Engineering: This process combines the benefits of computer science, software and systems engineering, and human-design to create a high-functioning, intelligent business operation. It automates data to streamline processes and ensure valuable output from your program.
- Distributed Enterprises: Hybrid and virtual workplaces will run smoothly with distributed enterprises. They “reflect a digital-first, remote-first business model to improve employee experiences, digitalize consumer and partner touchpoints, and build out product experiences.” Employee experiences are improved with this strategy and is a must for remote employees and consumers.
- Total Experience: This idea is a business strategy that focuses on just what it’s called—the total experience. It combines experiences of the employees, customers, and users across multiple interactive virtual locations to accelerate business development. This can result in greater customer satisfaction, a more confident team of employees, and a more loyal customer base through his holistic experience.
- Autonomic Systems: These are self-managed systems (physical or virtual) that learn from their environment. They modify their own algorithms to meet the demands in real time and support new systems or situations with their dynamic adaptability. Due to their agile set of capabilities, they are able to quickly defend against attacks without the need for manual intervention.
- Generative AI: This is a very innovative strategy and has the ability to learn from data and generate its own new creations that are similar to the original design, but not exactly. It allows for the potential to create new content, such as a video, without repeating anything. Development strategies are accelerated with generative AI and are being used in many varying fields.
All these technology trends are driving digital business. Implementing useful practices will promote growth of your business and will set you apart from your competitors. Gartner predicts that implanting these strategies will help your business in three main ways: First, to engineer trust by creating a more efficient and resilient IT foundation; second, to sculpt change by using strategies to respond to the ever-increasing pace of technology; and third, to promote growth by implementing business strategies that bring in business and boost your market share. Gartner states: “Together, these trends enable you to maximize value creation and enhance digital capabilities.”
We understand technology can be intimidating. The quick pace of change and constant releases of new functions and applications is tough to keep up on for businesses of any size. For all tech-related questions, don’t hesitate to contact Premier Computing. We follow the trends and know just how and what to implement for your unique business.